Re: minimum-length of MeasureGrouping

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: minimum-length of MeasureGrouping
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 13:13:18 +0200

On 13 August 2011 12:03, Stefan Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Xavier,
> I tried it with the following snippet.
> Unfortunately I can't see any positive effect caused by the commanded You've
> suggested.
> %%%%%%%%%% snippet %%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \version "2.14.2"
> \layout {
>   \context { \Staff \consists Measure_grouping_engraver }
> }
>
> timing = {
> #(set-time-signature 7 16 '( 3 2 2))
>      \repeat unfold 9 { s16 s s s s s s}
> }
> music = {
>   c' 8 d' 16 e' 8 e'
>   f'8 e'16 d'8 d'
>   e' d'16 c'8 c'
>   d' 4..
>   e' 16 f' g' a' f' g' e'
>   d' e' f' g' e' f' d'
>   e'8 d'16 c'8 c'
>   d' e'16 d'8 d'
>   c' 4..
> }
> \new Staff {
>   \context Voice << {\timing} {\music }>> \break
>     \override Score.MeasureGrouping #'springs-and-rods =
> #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
>     \context Voice << {\timing} {\music }>>
> }
> % %%% end snippet %%%%%%%%%%%%%

Hi Stefan,

You need to add  \override Score.MeasureGrouping #'springs-and-rods =
  #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
to your command  \override Score.MeasureGrouping #'minimum-length = #10
in order to make it work.
So both commands are needed to see the effect.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>