Re: Difference Between \lyricsto and associatedVoice With Melody Rhythm

From: Matthew Collett
Subject: Re: Difference Between \lyricsto and associatedVoice With Melody Rhythm
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 16:57:55 +1300

On 7/11/2011, at 9:50 am, Bill Mooney wrote:

> In this file (below) I have tried to follow your example using predefined
> expressions - not having the music etc explicitly in the score statement.
> Everything works as expected until I started adding more unsung/sung sections
> when the subsequent words became shifted downwards at each appearance.
> Apparently LP is seeing them as new Verses(?). Is there a simple solution to
> allow each occurrence of words to be aligned, or must one use extra-offsets
> and trial and error to align them?

My immediate reaction was to "keep it simple" by minimising the number of
voices:

\score {
\new Staff << {
\new Voice = "unsung"  { \unsungmelodyA }
\new Voice = "sung" { \sungmelodyOne }
\context Voice = "unsung" { \unsungmelodyB }
\context Voice = "sung" { \sungmelodyTwo }
\context Voice = "unsung" { \unsungmelodyC }
\context Voice = "sung" { \sungmelodyThree }
}
\new Lyrics \lyricsto  "sung" {\wordsA \wordsB \wordsB }

}

Unfortunately, this completely omits all except the first set of words, for
reasons that are not apparent to me.

Best wishes,
Matthew