Re: How to change the stem-length?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: How to change the stem-length?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 08:16:31 -0600

Hi Harm,

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 6:56 AM, harm6 <address@hidden> wrote:

But when using it in a cross-staff
example with kneed-beams, I've noticed a problem: Some stems are affected
some not. Oddly enough, when changing the global-staff-size, I retrieve
different results.

I don't have the answer to your question, but I have an observation.  The function works significantly better when you use automatic beaming.  Better, but not perfectly: as you will see, most but not all stems are lengthened in the example.  There is other odd behavior, too.  When I change the beatStructure line (in 2.15.16) to

\set Timing.beatStructure = #'(6 6 6 5 9)

the last stem of the third group is once again unaffected.

top = \change Staff = "1"
bottom = \change Staff = "2"

music = \relative c {
  \time 2/4
  \override Beam #'auto-knee-gap = #0
  \set Timing.baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 64)
  \set Timing.beatStructure = #'(6 6 6 5 8 1)
  \override Beam #'stencil = #(stem-change 20)

  \bottom c32 g' \top eis''
  c b \bottom  g,
  \top e'' \bottom c,, \top  g''
  \bottom c,,64 \top g'' e' \bottom c,, \top  c''
  f,,32 f''' f,,, f'''
  s64
}

\score {