Re: Attaching markup to high-level objects

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Attaching markup to high-level objects
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:39:20 +0100

Hi,

I also often run into this situation, but it also applies to dynamic marks etc. (e.g. a phrase is repeated eight times, and I need a mf at the beginning and p at the fifth repetition). There probably are more situations where you have this problem.

The workaround I sometimes use (if it is less work than changing the variables) is to to use a separate voice that mainly consists of skips. Then I can insert markups wherever I want (with s1^\markup ...).

HTH
Urs