Re: ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 23:38:40 +0000

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 03:24:42PM -0800, Shevek wrote:

> Out of 5000+ lines of code with no idea where to start? That's looking for a
> needle in a haystack. I was hoping someone might be able to suggest the sort
> of thing that can cause this error, so I at least know what color the needle
> is or something.

Comment out half the lines.

- Do you still see the error?  if so, you now only have 2500+
  lines of code to search.
- Do you not see the error?  ok, you now only have 2500+ lines of
  code to search.

Go to wikipedia and look up "binary search".  If you have less
than 8192 lines of code, then theoretically you need at most 13
compiles to find the exact line of code that is causing the
problem.

- Graham