LilyPondTool: Bugs bugs bugs

From: Brent Annable
Subject: LilyPondTool: Bugs bugs bugs
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:46:15 +0100

Hi all,

So I've just started using LilyPondTool and jEdit and I really love the environment and layout, but in some ways it's driving me absolutely bananas. After consulting with Bertalan (also on this list) and receiving various explanations/tips, this describes my current situation:

To avoid errors associated with the server:

- After booting up my machine, I kill the javaw (server) process using the task manager then restart the machine
- I check that the javaw process is not running, then start jEdit using the command prompt and "jedit -noserver"
- the program launches successfully, but it invariably starts the javaw server process anyway (at least this way the error messages are gone).

Other stuff:

- If I create a new file using the score wizard, the Lilypond buttons appear in the toolbar. When I reopen a file I previously worked on, they are gone;
- So are all other settings I would like to use by default, such as starting the PDF preview and Sidekick (I also have to tell Sidekick every time to parse on keystroke and use the lilypond parser, I find this incredibly annoying)
- The PDF previewer periodically crashes anyway, and I have to go through all these steps again from the start to get it working again.

I do love the convenience that LilyPondTool offers, but all of this is becoming incredibly frustrating. I'm just wondering whether there are people who ave had similar problems who could offer some help, or whether I'm missing something because I'm new to jEdit and LPT. I would greatly appreciate any advice/assistance people could give.

Warm regards,

Brent.