transpose the input

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: transpose the input
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 00:43:39 +0100

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but probably I'm using the wrong keywords. I'd like to *transpose the input* of a piece to a different pitch (for example from g to d). I know that I can use \transpose to change the output. But I'd like to change the input.

There's any tool in the lilypond package which can accomplish this task?
Thanks in advance,
Federico