Re: rest centered between staves

From: James
Subject: Re: rest centered between staves
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:37:42 +0000

hello,

On 11 January 2012 11:08, Paolo Prete <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to have a rest centered between two staves?
>
> I could use something like some_pitch\rest but it changes depending on the
> case: for example, when there is an ottava bracket or if the clef changes.

Well I was hoping I could modify an existing snippet

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=789

where we show how to create 'custom dynamics' using a space glyph and
then you could center this between staves as you would a dynamic.

However using

MyDynamic = #(make-dynamic-script (markup #:line (
             #:dynamic "p")))

as my base I cannot - because I don't understand Scheme - workout how
to tell the script to use a rest glyph instead of a dynamic one. Of if
that is a good way to go about this.

MyDynamic = #(make-dynamic-script (markup #:line (
             #:scripts:rest.3 )))

or

MyDynamic = #(make-dynamic-script (markup #:line (
             #:dynamic #"scripts:rest.3")))

Doesn't work.

This also, assuming it is just a syntax misunderstanding, opens up a
few possibilities for my own music.

James