Re: Barline type before \time change

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: Barline type before \time change
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:57:59 -0700

Urs Liska wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I can't find the relevant documentation.
> I want to change lilyPond's default behaviour and tell it to use "||"
> barlines before \time changes instead of normal ones.

The two things are not connected.  LilyPond does not automatically force
a bar line when the \time changes.  It is perfectly valid to change the
time signature in the middle of a bar.

> Although it is quite easy to do this manually, I'd like to know where
> and how I could change this setting, possibly in a \layout section.

There is no setting.  If you want a double bar, you use \bar "||".

--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.