Re: \makeOctaves broken?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: \makeOctaves broken?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 07:25:11 +0200

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> I was quite happy to find the function \makeOctaves in the LSR.
>
> But now it seems to be broken - there is no error message, but the
> function doesn't do anything (2.15.36).
> As I don't know _anything_ about Scheme I can't do more than ask if
> anybody has an idea what has changed with LilyPond so that this
> function is now broken?

<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/changes/index.html>

The following is a fundamental change in LilyPond’s music
representation: Rhythmic events like LyricEvent and NoteEvent are no
longer wrapped in EventChord unless they have been actually entered as
part of a chord in the input. If you manipulate music expressions in
Scheme, the new behavior may require changes in your code. Calling the
music function \eventChords or the Scheme function event-chord-wrap!
converts to the old representation; using one of those might be easiest
for keeping legacy code operative.

--
David Kastrup