Re: Flatten a tie without hardcoding control points?

From: James
Subject: Re: Flatten a tie without hardcoding control points?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 11:24:50 +0100

James,

On 21 April 2012 07:51, James Harkins <address@hidden> wrote:
> At Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:31:20 -0500,
> David Nalesnik wrote:
>> Hi James,
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 3:32 AM, James Harkins <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>     Maybe a simple question: Is there a way to flatten the curve of a tie
>> that is as easy as
>>     overriding "ratio" for slurs?
>>
>> You can override 'ratio for ties too:
>>
>>  \override Tie #'details #'ratio = #0.2
>>
>> Another possibility is to override 'height-limit:
>>
>> \override Tie #'details #'height-limit = #0.75
>
> Ah, OK, I did see 'details but got lost in the huge pile of parameters :)
> Either one of those should do it.
>
> I'm still learning how to use the tweaking references. That is, on the
> supercollider mailing lists, I'm often pointing people to specific parts of
> the help, but I've used the help for a long time and I know where things are
> and how to read them. With LP, I'm starting to navigate the manuals better
> but still haven't developed the 6th sense for finding that one little nugget
> quickly in the middle of a long text. It'll come.

If you can come up with a simple example, we (or you even) could add
it to the LilyPond snippet repository

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/

We don't generally document tweaks directly in the Notation Reference
manuals - there are some but they are the exception than the rule -
however we do often link the more useful/commonly asked tweaks as
'snippets' if appropriate. They will also appear in the autogenerated
'snippets' documentation

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/snippets/index.html

James