Re: Can anyone help to code what is in png.

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: Can anyone help to code what is in png.
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 10:12:47 -0700

MING TSANG wrote:
I try to code per the png.   I don't know what it is call, therefore I cannot search LSR.

That note is a "breve" -- the length of two whole notes.  You can use \breve for the length, as in
     fis\breve ~ fis1

However, the boxy notehead in your png is not the current style of writing that note (which is as a whole note with bars left and right).  What you have there is the "Petrucci" style.  You can still achieve the boxy notehead by overriding the notehead style for that one note:

    \override NoteHead #'style = #'petrucci
    fis\breve ~
    \revert NoteHead #'style
    fis1