Re: In-C style Typesetting?

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: In-C style Typesetting?
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 20:09:56 +0200

Am 12.08.2012 16:54, schrieb Gabriel Taubman:
Thanks Marc!
I've found that if I make the measures look like this:

  \stopStaff
  s4
  \startStaff
  \bar ":"
  \noBreak
 g'4 a'16 g'16 g'8 g'4 f'8 g'4
  \bar ":"

(note the \noBreak)
Oh, sorry – in my test file, the \noBreak was included, but apparently
not in my mail to you. Good that you found it yourself.
then I can usually make it do the right thing, although some measures will still wrap. Do you know if there's a way to say "only allow line breaks on s4 and not in between notes"?
The only way I can think of is to define the measure length via \time or
by any other means – lilypond doesn't allow breaks within (complete) bars.
Most of your bars look like 2/4, so maybe you can
include

\context { \Staff \remove "*Time_signature*_engraver" }

and use explicit \time ... commands in your score.

HTH,

Marc
If so I think that'd fix everything (except for the totally bonkers spacing that it's deciding to put between measures... :) )

Thanks again!
Gabe