Re: \revert Glissando #'bound-details #'left #'padding not working

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: \revert Glissando #'bound-details #'left #'padding not working
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 15:37:44 +0200

eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote
>>
>> It is not a "workaround" but rather the only correct (and documented)
>> way.
>>
> thanks for clarifying, but /documented/? - among the ~125 \revert commands
> or ~165 revert words found in the documentation I didn't see any reverting
> of a subproperty!

Looking in the documentation, this is about the same for \override.

Note that nested overrides/reverts don't work reliably (several
outstanding issues), and they actually can't because the information
needed to do a subproperty revert when things are not exactly nested
(and since \override always does a \revert first, so things have little
chance to be exactly nested) is not kept in the properties.

So it is a mostly-working undocumented feature, and it works differently
than those using it think it does.

Welcome to the world of LilyPond.

--
David Kastrup