Re: cross-hands, cross-staves

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: cross-hands, cross-staves
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:30:00 +0200

2012/8/29 Curt <address@hidden>
> The actual question is wondering if anyone thinks there is a
> better/clearer way to notate the following figure.  Hands alternating, with
> melody in the pinky.  The pattern continues throughout the piece (with
> different notes).  Right hand stays in the same general location, right hand
> wanders down an octave or so at times.

Now to your actual question: at first sight, beaming on 16ths suggests
same hand despite of being cross staff. In this case I would indicate
clearly R.H. on the 16ths in upper staff. It would be more kludgy but
also doubtless (on how to play it) to use alternate 16ths and silences
instead of cross beaming.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com