lilypond-book and title page

From: Daniel E. Moctezuma
Subject: lilypond-book and title page
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:11:58 -0700

Hello LilyPonders,

I am trying to do a title page / cover page using LaTex without too much success.
The result I get is a Y-centered text (on LaTex) but with a noticeable space on X-axis (space at the right), in addition, the next pages (of music) have indentation on the left and at the top, resulting on a half of the page being shown only.

the command I'm using for generating the PDF is:
lilypond-book --pdf -o folder file.tex && cd folder && pdflatex file.tex

the content of file.tex is:
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage{nopageno}

\begin{document}
\author{your name here}
\title{
  your title here \\ {
    \large {
      for \\
      \textbf{your instrument}
\date{date here}
\maketitle

\noindent
\lilypondfile{filehere.ly}

\end{document}

seems that \noindent doesn't work in this case.
What is the difference between using .tex, .lytex and .latex extensions for purposes like this?
Also, is there any title/cover page template available (tutorial/guidance)?

Thanks.

--
Daniel E. Moctezuma