Re: Documentation for v2.16.0

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Documentation for v2.16.0
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 09:35:47 +1000

On 31/08/12 11:15, Patrick or Cynthia Karl wrote:
I am a little confused about the documentation for v2.16.0.  It seems completely different from the documentation available for previous version.

Because of limited bandwidth, it is essential that I download the documentation for LilyPond.  Heretofore, this consisted of getting the provided pdf files (more convenient for me that html files).  The closest thing I could find was the "documentation tar ball",  lilypond-2.16.0-1.documentation.tar.bz2, which contains html files in subdirectory doc, info files in subdir info, man files in subdir man, and who knows what in subdir omg.

I had the same problem at first - not seeing the PDF manuals. However, if you click on the link for the manuals ( http://lilypond.org/manuals.html), then on the second line of menu at the top of the page there are links for Learning, Glossary, Essay, Notation, etc. Click on each of those and you will see the download link for the relevant PDF manual.

Nick