Re: Formatting for 2.16.0

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Formatting for 2.16.0
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 17:00:40 +1000

On 02/09/12 11:24, Joshua Nichols wrote:
To whom it may concern:

I apologize if this is a repeat query, however:

I want to be able to generate graphic musical examples without getting it formatted on a giant paper-formatted .pdf or .png. I want to be able to use this for input into documents of my choosing How do I accomplish this?

If your example is on a single stave, you can invoke Lilypond with

lilypond -dpreview file.ly

and you will get completely borderless file.preview.pdf and file.preview.png sized to fit the stave. Unfortunately this won't work if your example occupies more than one stave - all you will get is the first stave.

Nick