custom key signatures

From: james
Subject: custom key signatures
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 15:43:31 +0200

I'm looking at the new options for custom key signatures, and before I begin playing around with this, I don't understand this text at all.
"Accidentals in the key signature may be printed in octaves other than their traditional positions, or in multiple octaves, by using the flat-positionsand sharp-positions properties of KeySignature. Entries in these properties specify the range of staff-positions where accidentals will be printed. If a single position is specified in an entry, the accidentals are placed within the octave ending at that staff position."
Does this mean that if a custom key signature is used with, say, g-flat and a-flat (for bass clef), the key is c major?