Re: beam across larger rest

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: beam across larger rest
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 18:39:41 +0000

On 9/5/2012 9:50 AM, Tiresia GIUNO wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 10:43:49 +0200
> Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Then it may depend on the context: you may need to use Staff instead
>> of Timing. I've not looked at your example...
> Nope.. If you find an answer, please let me know. This issue interests
> me a lot.

I ended up using Nick Payne's solution with a slight modification.  I
use pitch specific rests.  Without them the rests look a bit unnatural
as they all end up at the same height on the staff but adjusting their
height with pitch fixes that and keeps them adjusted if being transposed.

\version "2.16.0"

mus = \relative {
  <<
    {