Re: Invalid input I expected to be valid

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Invalid input I expected to be valid
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 18:46:47 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2012 5:10 PM

Again, just _what_ did you expect the \p to be attached to when
expecting this to be valid input?  I don't see a really convincing
solution.

From a user perspective, I would have expected it to sit on the last note of
the triplet. Again, as a user, I don't really see anything different between

\times 2/3 { g'4 g'4 g'4 } \p

and

\times 2/3 { g'4 g'4 g'4 \p }

although from following -devel, I realise the parser (?) would likely take them as completely different.

It was actually auto-generated from my noteworthy converter, so I've done a minor code change to write dynamics before triplet conclusions.

--
Phil Holmes