Re: consecutive \repeat volta: bug?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: consecutive \repeat volta: bug?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 23:58:02 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "luis jure" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 11:15 PM

thank you very much for your prompt answer.

on 2012-09-11 at 00:03 james wrote:

Do you mean like
\version "2.16.0"
\relative c'' {
      c1
      \repeat volta 3 { c2 c } \bar ":|.|:"
      \repeat volta 3 { c2 c } |
}

exactly. are we supposed to write the correct barlines explicitly?
lilypond is usually quite clever in this respect. in any case, i still
don't understand why the thin bar lines are omitted in my example, without
the explicit \bar command.

best,

According to Gould, either the lilypond default may be used, or the one you want. Both are equally acceptable, so if you want the other, you need to request it explicitly.

--
Phil Holmes