Re: Help with musicxml2ly

From: Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: Help with musicxml2ly
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:48:47 -0700

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM, TaoCG <address@hidden> wrote:
> pls-2 wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> can you replicate the error in a tiny example and post the .xml-file?
>>
>> Right now I can only guess. Is there a pickup measure? Are there multiple
>> voices?
>>
>> patrick
>
> Unfortunately no. It's a very complex piece which I got in Sibelius format
> which I exported then to musicxml hoping I'd be able to convert it to
> lilypond. Actually I have no idea how musicxml works.
> It has no pickup measure but definitely multiple voices.
>
> You think if it's too complex musicxml2ly can't handle it?
> Maybe I'll just have to copy it by hand.
>
> Tao

I have found that multiple voices have made musicxml2ly unable to work
with xml files I've tried to use. I found success in opening an xml
file with MuseScore, cleaning any unnecessary complications
(separating out voices, etc.), and exporting it from there.

That said, I spent enough time on all of that business that I wonder
if simply re-typing it would have been a better use of my time.

—Josiah