Re: Suppressing staff

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Suppressing staff
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 20:29:17 +0200

Am 25.09.2012 10:30, schrieb Phil Holmes:
Another attempt. One thing we'd not been taking note of (and I now
notice because of reading the NR about lyrics again) is that in
lyricmode the syllables themselves have a duration. So we can therefore
write them with their own rhythm and they'll be close to aligning with
the relevant note.

Phil,
that's the way to make it perfect. I have to go through the whole song, since I have to write the durations per nearly each syllable. I just have to take over the rhythm from the singers voice, mixing the explicit duration is only possible without \lyricsto.
But this is not too much work for this song.

I found yet another way for some lazy girls. When there are more syllables than notes in the piano right hand, I can also tie syllables together by surrounding them with "" or use the ~ to tie them. (NR 2.1.1. "Multiple syllables to one note").

Regards
Helge