Re: Misplaced grace note slur

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Misplaced grace note slur
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 17:41:22 +0200

2012/9/30 Helge Kruse <address@hidden>:
> I am writing a separate voice of cue notes. I think it looks wrong when a
> the slur in the acciatura is far away of the first note. Please look at the
> g in following example:
>
> \version "2.16.0"
>
> violin = \relative c'' {
>   \key f \major
>   \time 3/4
>   c2~ c8 r |
>   d4\pp( e \acciaccatura{g8}f4->) |
>   e2. |
> }
>
> \score {
> <<
>     \new Staff \new CueVoice << \violin >>
>     \new Staff << \violin >>
>   %  \new PianoStaff ... with the harp voice ...
>>>
> }
>
> How can this small slur get a similar position as in the normal context?
>
> Regards
> Helge

Hi Helge,

seems to be a problem with the stem of the following note. Because
this stem is shorter lily places the slur different.

With your short example the following will work, I hope it is
sufficient with the whole, too.

\version "2.16.0"

violin = \relative c'' {
  \key f \major
  \time 3/4
  c2~ c8 r |
  d4\pp( e \acciaccatura{ g8 }
  \override CueVoice.Stem #'Y-extent = #'(-1 . 1)
  f4->) |
  e2. |
}

\score {
<<
    \new Staff \new CueVoice << \violin >>
    \new Staff << \violin >>
  %  \new PianoStaff ... with the harp voice ...

}

Regards,
  Harm