Re: Guide to Writing Orchestral Scores with Lilypond?????

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Guide to Writing Orchestral Scores with Lilypond?????
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 12:07:05 +0100

Just for the record:
I finally took the time to write to UE again about the issue.

I asked for the permission to use the music example (to recall: 4 measures from a Schoenberg score) in a tutorial that is distributed as part of a collection of tutorials. The license should allow to redistribute the text unmodified or modified, but I offered to exclude the _musical_ content from this free license (i.e. allow to redistribute it unmodified and with the appropriate copyright remark).

It took about five minutes to get the reply that they allow this use provided I don't remove their copyright remark and the link to their web site.

Good to know in general, and good to know that I can use the text without having to redo it with a different music example.

Best
Urs