Re: [ANNOUNCE] ly2video 0.4.1

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] ly2video 0.4.1
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:34:31 +0100

On 06.03.2013 15:53, Adam Spiers wrote:
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Knut Petersen <address@hidden> wrote:
On 06.03.2013 10:44, Adam Spiers wrote:
It sounds like your .ly input file is not 8-bit clean - is it
UTF-encoded?  And it seems that ly2video does not support that yet.
Probably you have an accent somewhere in the text; if you could remove
that it will probably work.  It's also worth trying with latest git
version which has many improvements.  If you find the same problem
there too, please file a new issue and I will try to fix.
Indeed, the problem is that ly2video does not understand utf8 encoded
text. A fresh clone of the code at https://github.com/aspiers/ly2video still
has that problem.
OK, please file an issue (or even better, a pull request).

I´ll have a close look at the code during the next days, then I´ll file an
issue or send a patch.
A 2nd issue: title generation does work, but it is broken. Only the last
characters of the
subsubtitle string are used, title and subtitle strings are completely
ignored.
Are you referring to https://github.com/aspiers/ly2video/issues/49 ?

My subsubtitle is a youtube address:

 title = "This will be ignored"
 subtitle = "This also will be ignored"
 subsubtitle = "Quelle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q2r3s4t5u6";

First of all, title and subtitle are ignored, the subsubtitle string is used.
Probably the issue 49 problem.

Worse: The string is not taken literally but interpreted, so the "=" has its
special meaning, and only the last part of subsubtitle string (q2r3...) is
used as title.

cu,
 Knut