Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 00:37:55 +0100 (CET)

The idea is that \relative { ... } (namely \relative used without an
explicit reference pitch) uses the first note inside as the reference
pitch.  That is, if the first note happens to be written as fis'' it
will sound as fis'' (absolute pitch).

I wouldn't mind, if I can still use the the old syntax, which is what I prefer, and if the documentation clearly explains these two ways of usage. I think the old syntax is easier for me when I want to copy/paste notes.

--

MT