Aw: Re: Re: Re: Pseudo-handwritten font

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Aw: Re: Re: Re: Pseudo-handwritten font
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:34:35 +0100 (CET)

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. März 2013 um 14:59 Uhr
Von: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>

It's not "just" Jazz. This is pretty much par for the course for
Barbershop and quite a few other forms of vocal harmony.

Interestingly, not for pop music. I also don't think it is used much
for piano or other vertically dense forms of music. So it might even
make sense to be able to change style on a per-staff basis.

Hi David,

The current implementation using \jazzOn \jazzOff takes this into account. Perhaps it would be a good idea to define something like a \JazzStaff context in analogy to \VaticanaStaff and the like.
I could imagine, just as an example, to compare the original arrangement of Victor Herbert's "Indian Summer" (in traditional font) to the simplified/modernized Real Book line and chords in "jazz font" one stave above...

By the way, the possibility to change styles resp. to have both styles in one document was one of the reasons to keep it all separate/non-destructive rather than globally replacing the standard internal font.

Best,
Torsten