Re: Custom footers

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Custom footers
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:44:58 +0100

Am 20.03.2013 19:19, schrieb Jérôme Plût:
Decimo tertio Kalendas Apriles MMXIII scripsit Thomas Morley :
in the code below you'll see increasing page-numbers throughout the
book as usual.

Ooh, now that I have had the time to read your code, I see what you
did, and I like it. The \on-the-fly side-effect is devious (and
un-Scheme-like, but who cares). Thanks!

Though, I didn't manage to code "(1/3)" for consecutive bookparts,
because I didn't understand how to get or calculate the
bookpart-last-page-number.

The simplest way to do it would be the TeX way: saving the page count
for each section in a .aux file and reading this again on second
compilation. Unless, of course, the (open) Scheme function is disabled
in Lilypond. I will have a try at this.

Sorry for chiming in so late, but perhaps

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-01/msg00812.html

gives some ideas? You could use \label for defining where a part starts
and get the page number for this page. With these informations
calculating the offset/number of pages per part seems to be
straightforward ;-)

HTH,

Marc