Re: musicxml2ly formatting

From: pls
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly formatting
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:12:09 +0100

Am 22.03.2013 um 00:52 schrieb Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden>:

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2013, pls wrote:
>
>> Martin,
>> IINM Julien Lerouge and me are the only ones who currently work on
>> musicxml2ly.   We publish our
>> results on https://github.com/Philomelos/lilypond-musicxml2ly-dev.  Feel
>> free to use it and help
>> to improve it!  Some of our latest improvements:
>
> Why was this project forked? Wasn't it possible to do join the Lilypond team
> and do the work on musicxml2ly within the lilypond development tree?
This fork is not a form of schism.  We just did it for practical reasons: we
can develop faster and implement features that are important to us but maybe
not to others.  I wrote a lot of bug reports concerning musicxml2ly but right
now there don't seem to be too many people with expertise/interest in MusicXML,
Python and time on the list.  (Correct me if I'm wrong.)  Of course we would
love to see at least some of our code end up in a LilyPond version.  We just
don't have the necessary time to add it to the lilypond development treeā€¦
Maybe you could help?!

> Does this mean that if I install the latest Lilypond version, even if I
> choose to use the development version, I am not getting the latest version of
> musicxml2ly?
Well yes, because our improvements are still on
https://github.com/Philomelos/lilypond-musicxml2ly-dev.  Feel free to download,
test, improve and add it to the latest version of musicxml2ly on lilypond.org.
You can also test the current development version on philomelos.net.

patrick