Re: xpdf broken on ubuntu

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: xpdf broken on ubuntu
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 10:50:17 +0200

Am Montag, den 08. April 2013 um 08:47:45 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Mark Knoop:

> If you can send me that script and documentation I'll include it in the
> git repo.

ok, here you go:

Configuring evince as the default pdf viewer in emacs with
lilypond-mode:

1. Put "mimeapps.list" and "textedit.dektop" into
   $HOME/.local/share/applications as described above.

2. Open "textedit.desktop". Change the line

   Exec=textedit.py %u

   into

   Exec=lilypond-invoke-editor %u

3. Copy the file "lilypond-view-pdf" somewhere in your Path and make
   it executable.

   Example:

   $ cd </PATH/OF/YOUR/DOWNLOAD/DIRECTORY/>
   $ sudo mv lilypond-view-pdf /usr/local/bin/
   $ sudo chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/lilypond-view-pdf

4. Open emacs.

   - Open a lilypond source file to automatically load lilypond-mode.
   - Issue the command "M-x customize-group"
   - On the prompt enter "LilyPond" and press return.
   - On the LilyPond customization group page scroll down to
     the entry "Lilypond Pdf Command".
   - Enter "lilypond-view-pdf" in the edit field, click on the "State"
     button below "Lilypond Pdf Command" and select "Set for Current
     Session" and "Save for Future Sessions".