Re: Lyrics both above and below the staff with splits?

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: Lyrics both above and below the staff with splits?
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:03:50 +0200 (CEST)

Avi Drissman:
> I'm trying to type up a vocal piece. At several places, the part splits
> (with completely different notes, rhythms, and lyrics), and returns to
> unison. During the splits, I'd like the lyrics to go above the staff for
> the high part, and below the staff for the low part.
>
> At first, I split using:
>
> << { ..notes.. } \\ { ..notes.. } >>

Avoid that one when working with vocals.

Try something like attached file.

Note:
 you have to name your \context Lyrics else
 they tend to be on the same line

 you have to make sure you don't create new voices, things like
  \new Voice { }
 create new voices, so you have to tell lilypond every voice it's name

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148