Re: Lyric placement and tempo woes

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Lyric placement and tempo woes
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:16:35 +0100

Peter, you wrote Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:43 AM

> 1) I'm trying to arrange a part song with lyrics for each stave. The snippet
> below puts the lyrics at the bottom of all the staves - but I seem to be
> copying the manual. See Warlock2OK attached.

I think someone already remarked that \addlyrics should be placed
outside the Staff block, i.e. after the "}" which closes it.  That will
correct the placement of the lyrics,

> 2) If I add a tempo indication (delete the "%") the pitch changes (see
> Warlock2WRONG attached) - this is the first occasion I've heard that adding a
> tempo mark changes a mezzo-soprano into a baritone - she won't be happy!

The \tempo command should come before the \relative.  That will keep Julia
sweet.
But this looks like a reportable bug.

Trevor