Re: beatStructure for 4/4 doesn't help

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: beatStructure for 4/4 doesn't help
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:27:12 +0100

Karl Hammar wrote Friday, April 19, 2013 1:43 PM

> Trevor Daniels:
>> If you use the manuals for more recent versions - 2.16 or 2.17 - instead
>> of one that is well out of date, you'll find this section has been rewritten
>> to avoid exactly these difficulties.
>
>> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/beams#setting-automatic-beam-behavior
>
>> Let us know if you still have difficulty understanding this.
>
> My remaining questions are:
>
> 1, If I set a beatStructure, why isn't the exceptions cleared?
>
> 2, How do I clear the default behaviour set in
>   default-time-signature-settings?
>
> The obvious answer to 1, is because it's not coded so, but would it
> good if it were ?
>
> For 2, I've tried with
>
> \score {
>  \new ChoirStaff <<
>    #(let default-time-signature-settings '())
>
> define-public, define etc..
>
> It would be nice if I could set my own defaults.

Best to read the manual and follow the method there rather than guessing:

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/displaying-rhythms#time-signature

This section is referenced from

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/beams#setting-automatic-beam-behavior
"Changing the default automatic beaming settings for a time signature is
described in Time signature. "

Trevor