RE: publish music book

From: Christopher Brooks
Subject: RE: publish music book
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:44:36 -0400

I used lilypond for my book, just published
(https://www.createspace.com/4101334).

I did find it difficult to use, but flexible, with beautiful results.

The main problem that I had was getting the results into pdf through Word
with the resolution reasonably intact.

This is the procedure that I finally came up with:

1. Open pdf file in Fox Reader (Tools/Preferences/General check Use fixed
resolution for snapshots and set to 300 dpi.)
2. In Word: Picture Tools/Format/Compress Pictures/Options, uncheck
Automatically perform basic compression on save and set Target output ot 200
ppi.
3. Paste into Word.
4. Print pdf, make printer setting is on high quality.

Christopher Brooks
violinist
925 Virginia Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603