Vertically aligning markups with one another

From: Oscar Dub
Subject: Vertically aligning markups with one another
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 21:47:44 +0100

Hi everyone,

I've come to a problem I don't know how to fix involving the way that markups
are aligned to one another. I think there might be some scheme hacking involved
in getting the result I need, although potentially there might be an override
which I've overlooked that would do the same thing: either way I'd be really
grateful if anyone can help me.

The attached example examples I made show the problem: I'd like to be able to
have the markups containing the filler text "one two three" and "four five six"
typeset on the same baselines.

Is this possible?

As a further technical constraint, I'd like to keep using markups rather than
lyrics if the result can be achieved this way.

Thanks,

Oscar

PNG image