Mandolin Fretboards Not Displaying Correctly

From: Samuel Campbell
Subject: Mandolin Fretboards Not Displaying Correctly
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:20:28 -0400

Hello

I'm hoping someone can provide me with some insight on using the FretBoards feature.  I'm trying to display the FretBoards for mandolin along with the chordnames.  When I use the \include "predefined-mandolin-fretboards.ly", the fretboards are an odd, generic looking six-string fretboard that I can't identify for any specific instrument.  Changing the \include link to "predefined-ukulele-fretboards.ly" gives the exact same odd fretboards.  If, however, I use \include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly", I get perfect fretboards with guitar chords.

Do I need to specify my instrument as Mandolin in another way?  Or do I need to specify a tuning option?  I feel like this isn't complicated, but I'm missing something.

A code example is below.

% Example %
\include "predefined-mandolin-fretboards.ly"

<<
  \new ChordNames {
    \chordmode {
      d1:m g c