Re: System Vertical Spacing and Lyric Placement

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: System Vertical Spacing and Lyric Placement
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 00:04:39 +0200

2013/7/9 Eric Pancer <address@hidden>:
> I'm working on the following file but having some issues where
> formatting tricks don't seem to be working. A couple of questions:
>
> 1. How can I increase the veritical space between the systems ? The
> \paper configuration of "markup-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #20"
> doesn't seem to really help the situation.

How about
system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #120 % adjust the value
in \paper

> 2. How can I move my lyrics to be closer to the actual notes. I'd like
> the top staff to have it's "lyrics" moved closer (as you can see when
> compiled, the "o" (denoting open tones) are further away from the
> notes than the other two instruments.

Did you try
\new Lyrics
\with  {
        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing =
#'((basic-distance . 0)) % adjust the value
}
> 3. I've used \teeny in line 123 here, but it still doesn't make the
> toml8 and ss8 small enough. Is there an easy fix?
>            123     ss8 \teeny toml8 ss8 \normalsize toml4. |

\teeny is defined in /ly/property-init.ly
teeny = \set fontSize = #-3
Choose a lower value.

HTH,
  Harm