Re: Henle piano template

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Henle piano template
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 16:26:50 -0400

Hi David,

> Try starting from

Thanks — that's very helpful!

Here's what I have from there:

\version "2.17"

#(define-markup-command (ellipse layout props text) (markup?)
 #:properties ((thickness 0.2) (x-padding 0.1) (y-padding 0.75))
  (ellipse-stencil (interpret-markup layout props text)
   thickness x-padding y-padding))

\markup \ellipse "2"
\markup \ellipse "20"
\markup \ellipse "200"
\markup \ellipse "2000"
\markup \ellipse "20000"

The 200 looks sufficiently like the three-digit bar numbers in my Henle score
that I'm totally satisfied.
The four- and five-digit ones are fine (though the five-digit one is probably a
little "pointy": I don't have any 10000+ bar Henle scores to compare it to).

However, I'd love to fix the one- and two-digit versions: they're currently too
"vertical" and "circular", respectively.
What's the easy way of saying "center the number in a box at least 'this big',
but use the number's real extent if it's bigger than that"?

Thanks,
Kieren.