conditional scores

From: MarcM
Subject: conditional scores
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 18:10:01 -0700 (PDT)

I have a file in which i store my lilypond functions for violin related
tweaks.
I want to be able to add tests in the same file to check that the functions
do what they are supposed to do and generate a cheat sheet guide for those
functions.
I include this file in all my score and i want to include only the functions
not the testing scores.

I search and played with some ideas but only the first one works.

This test works:
------------------
condition = ##f
music = { d' }
{
  c'
  $(if condition music)
  e'
}

These 2 tests don't work
--------------------------

compilingThisFile = ##t

$(if compilingThisFile (
   {
  c'
  d'
  e'
})
)

$(if (defined? 'compilingThisFile)
 #{
        \score {
                {
       a'' \glissando e''
                }
  \header {piece = "The score should be printed only when compilingThisFile
is true"}
}
#})