Re: Piano/Xylophone key diagrams

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Piano/Xylophone key diagrams
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 15:36:29 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/10/12 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Could anyone start me off on this and help when I get stuck again?
>>
>> Starting off would be on
>> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3563#c4>.  Check
>> its output.  This is basically what you need, except that you need to
>> replace the C-Griff function which uses filled and non-filled circles in
>> a three-row arrangement with a more tedious rectangular arrangement.
>>
>> The c-griff function here only does the formatting and would need to be
>> completely replaced.  In contrast, the stuff in define-scheme-function
>> could be kept unchanged.
>
> Or maybe
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=791
> might give some inspiration.

Or you can plug one into the other.  Basically you are only one

(map (lambda (x) (list-ref '(c cis d dis e f fis g gis a bes b c' cis'
                             ...) x)) pressed)

away from mapping the "pressed" input into what that snippet wants as
input.  The output, though, is a lot more piano-specific than what Phil
proposed as diagram.

--
David Kastrup