Re: Is there a way to split a score across two sheets?

From: Ben Beeson
Subject: Re: Is there a way to split a score across two sheets?
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 08:28:11 -0700

Hi Sven,

Thanks for asking about what I am trying to do. Perhaps I could explain this a bit differently. Let me know if this is not clear and I will try again. You asked about why \pageBreak doesn't do what I want. \pageBreak splits a tune across a sheet dividing a top from a bottom. You get whole lines when you do this. What I want to do is split a tune into a left side and a right side.

Consider that if you open a book, there are two pages facing each other, usually an even numbered page on the left and an odd numbered page on the right. Imagine a sheet of music printed in landscape orientation on a piece of paper that is the same size as the two facing pages in a book. When you fold this sheet of music down the middle, you would have the first bars of each line on the left facing page and the last bars of each line on the right facing page. Now add the print margins to the middle for binding etc. So if you did this in a book, the tune takes two facing pages in the book for each "page" of the tune. The idea could be thought of as using two letter pages to create an equivalent of a "C" sized US sheet, or similarly, two A4 sheets into an equivalent A2 sheet.

What I am wanting to do is to print the tune on paper in a size readable when standing back from the music stand by splitting a tune across two sheets of paper that become facing pages in a book. I'd like to do this without splitting the notes into a left and right score in a ly file if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:31:47 +0200