Re: New, more powerful version of \shape!

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: New, more powerful version of \shape!
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:11:55 +0200

2013/10/18 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:
> Looks great!  One omission: you've touched on everything here except the
> shorthand you use throughout the attachments--namely using (x y) for (x . y)

Indeed! Using 2-element lists is so much more convenient to me that
i've already almost forgotten that one could add a dot there :)

2013/10/18 Paul Morris <address@hidden>:
> Janek Warchoł wrote
>> I'd like to hear your opinions.  Do you like it?  Should it be added
>> to official LilyPond distribution?
>
> Looks good to me!  Nice work.  I'd say yes and yes.
>
> What other "modes of specifying control-points position" do you have in
> mind?

Quite a few:
- specifying absolute control-point coordinates, as if one was
overriding control-points directly (could be useful for using on just
one of the points, while others would be specified with different
"modes"),
- (for inner points) specifying offsets relative to outer points,
- relative polar coordinates (i.e. "move the 2nd point 10 degrees outwards"),
- polar coordinates relative to the line connecting outer points
(instead of horizontal line) - my experiences say that this could be
even better than current \polar.

As it would make no sense to have 6 different functions using
different modes, i would merge them together so that one could specify
which mode to use for each control-point.

best,
Janek