Re: make-connected-path-stencil with variables and connected paths

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: make-connected-path-stencil with variables and connected paths
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 12:13:55 +0200

Hi Paul,

2013/10/20 Paul Morris <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,  I'm trying to use make-connected-path-stencil, but it's not working
> as expected, in two ways.  Here's a tiny example:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \version "2.17.28"
>
> myStencil =
> #(let* ((A 0) (B 1))
>    (make-connected-path-stencil
>     '((A B) (B B) (A A)) ;; <-- variables can't be used in pointlist?
>     0.1
>     1
>     1
>     #f ;; <-- error when connect is set to #t
>     #t))
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> 1. Using variables in the pointlist gives this GUILE error:
> Wrong type: A

you have to ensure that the elements of the list are evaluated.
Look at the different output from:

#(let* ((A 0) (B 1))
 (display `((,A ,B)(,B ,B)(,A ,A))))

#(let* ((A 0) (B 1))
 (display '((A B)(B B)(A A))))

David explained this recently far better than I could, can't find it
at the moment, though,

> 2. Setting connect to #t gives this GUILE error (this seems like a bug):
> Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting empty list): closepath

No idea with this.

Cheers,
  Harm