Re: Thoughts about creating Stack Exchange page?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Thoughts about creating Stack Exchange page?
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 08:28:35 +0100

Peter Bjuhr <address@hidden> writes:

> I agree with Urs that a Stack Exchange page shouldn't be instead of
> this list, if that was the suggestion.
>
> But as Gilberto pointed out there is already LilyPond questions asked
> on different Stack Exchange forums (I answered one myself earlier this
> week). And it seems to be some confusion about where to put
> questions. See this for example
> http://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/168297/on-which-site-are-lilypond-questions-on-topic

Well, they are on-topic in this mailing list.

> I think it would be beneficial for both those who have questions and
> those who tries to answers to have all LilyPond related questions on
> one page.

Here?  The one thing that may be argued is missing is a thematical
index.  But there are several mailing list aggregators with a search
interface (including the main mailing list archive), and it's not like
StackExchange has significantly better indexing.

> As the proposal is already made we just have to wait and see what
> happens.

If everybody waits and sees, I am not afraid for this list...

--
David Kastrup