\on-the-fly #first-page not working in bookTitleMarkup ?

From: Jakub Pavlík
Subject: \on-the-fly #first-page not working in bookTitleMarkup ?
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 14:16:03 +0100

Hi,

I would like to have the full book title on the first page of the first bookpart only and an abbreviated book title on the first pages of the subsequent bookparts.
I know the sollution with resetting the unwanted fields in the bookpart headers, but it would be more convenient to define the whole "titling logic" on one place. I tried it, but the content inserted by
\on-the-fly #first-page ...
will never be printed. (Try the minimal example below.)

Do I miss anything?

Thanks in advance,
Jakub

--- snip

\version "2.17.24"

\paper {

bookTitleMarkup = \markup {

\on-the-fly #first-page \fromproperty #'header:title

\header {

title = "Example"

}

\score { \relative c' { a } }