Re: is there a way to suppress repeated time signatures (analogous to ch

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: is there a way to suppress repeated time signatures (analogous to chordChanges)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 00:13:35 +0100

Hi,

I didn't look into it, but when _I_ asked this question I got the attachment as a result.

HTH
Urs

Am 11.11.2013 23:08, schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
Hello all,

Consider the following snippet:

\version "2.17.29"

global = {
   \time 3/4
   s4*3
}
notes = {
   c'1.
}

\score {
   \new Staff \repeat "unfold" 3 { << \global \notes >> }
}

This is contrived, of course, but I run into it a lot when I “stitch together”
pre-existing variables (which include time signatures) into a medley, etc.
Is there a global setting that I can use — analogous to the chordChanges switch
in ChordNames — so that time signatures only appear if they change?

Thanks,
Kieren.