Re: Learn from Finale 2014 (seriously)?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Learn from Finale 2014 (seriously)?
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:48:36 +0100

Am 14.11.2013 11:16, schrieb Jan-Peter Voigt:
Hi Urs,

there is a snippet in LSR:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=336

which did this for a long time. To me it seems, that finale learned from
lilypond ;)
I adapted it and integrated it in my own always-to-load-extensions and
use it in all my choral transcriptions.

Best, Jan-Peter

According to http://www.sibeliusblog.com/news/finale-2014-released/

"most of Finale’s new features are designed to offer functionality that largely compares with what has been possible in Sibelius for quite some time. That these features are now the chief selling points of Finale lends itself to various conclusions — one of which is a recognition of the incredible talent that Avid lost when they downsized and eventually fired its London-based developers last year."

;-)

Urs