Re: No indent in just one movement

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: No indent in just one movement
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:46:32 +0100

Caio Barros <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/11/21 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>
>

>> You should put a \layout block inside the \score block you want to control.
>> See
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/the-_005clayout-block
>>
>> BTW, why you use \new Score?
>>

>  It just made more sense to me. Since the commands are \new Voice and \new
> Staff in my mind the logic follow-up would be \new Score. I didn't realize
> there was a difference until now (actually I had even forget that you can
> just use \score) but apparently you cannot write a \layout block inside a
> \new Score, but you CAN write it inside a \score block. Interesting!

There are more differences.  You can't write

\score \with { ... } { ... }

but \new Score is fine.  Actually, you _can_ write

\score {
  \new Score with { ... } { ... }
  \layout { ... }
}

You have to realize that \score is just a syntactic container for one
music expression and output definitions.  Most music will create its
Score context implicitly.  But it's always possible to do this
explicitly as long as it's the first thing you do.

--
David Kastrup